This new Community Center Project will offer a central location of shared resources and space that will greatly enhance what our existing local organizations can offer!
- Expanded food bank services.
- Physical office space for local not-for-profits.
- Expanded space for existing programs.
- Areas for group meetings, board meetings, support groups, counselling space.
- Opportunity for regional organizations to offer satellite services in Morden.
- A comfortable and welcoming space to bring community members together in different ways and for different purposes.
- Bringing more life, diversity, and community to Morden’s beautiful downtown.
Having a Community Resource Center in Morden has been a perceived need for quite some time, with groundwork having been laid collectively by a number of community groups.
Westside Community Church has come forward to kickstart this project, securing and funding a two-year lease on 500 Stephen Street, starting August 1 2021. A task force has been put together with the intention of that group transitioning to an independent, community- based board as soon as possible. We expect that the new board will be able to secure financing for continued lease/ purchase after completion of this two year commitment.
After surveying our local non-profits, there are more than 20 organizations that feel this space will be helpful in the expansion and diversification of their programming.